It is finished.
The Elephant Man "mural," that is. All in all, I think it looks OK... the design is cool, but it's not like it's mine. At least I can claim the color scheme for my own, but even the painting looks a little shoddy. Quality is again sacrificed for the rush job, I'm afraid. The play's going to be awesome, though, go see it.
Homecoming was really fun. It was so much less stress than other years, too. It's probably because I went with Kristen; I'd have to say she's the best date I've ever had. She's going to be embarrassed by this, but yowza did she look good.
The Melting Pot was great, I recommend it to everyone. Fondue is so much fun, and everything tastes better when you make it yourself.
"Fodue's so great they should call it FUN-due."
"Yeah, but then you could say, 'How 'bout fun-DON'T?"
Chase ate like the dirty famished Roman that he is, of course. It was also a night of coincidences: I'd had our waiter, Jason, before; I remember him because he went to Roswell and didn't go to college but he's working on his music. Then our Jewish bus boy happened to go to Chase's synagogue. Then Daniel's girlfriend reasoned that the real Maryland sniper is Miss Cleo.
The dance was poor, as usual, and it was a good thing we only stayed for a half an hour. I didn't really see many people I knew there, actually. Except for band kids. Band kids are everywhere I go.
The best part of the evening, hands down, was getting lost on the way to Jason's house. Actually, we went to the right house in Tuxford, it just so happened that Jason stopped living there a year ago. Here's the semi-accurate cell phone conversation between me and Jason:
"Um, Jason?"
"Hey Drew!"
"Hey, are you still having your party after the dance?"
"Um, Yeah!"
"Well, we just drove past your house and it looked... deserted."
"Oh, my mom must've turned off the lights! Just come on up and ring the doorbell!"
"OK, see you in a minute."
We come back, and there really isn't a single light on in the house, absolutely zero cars out front. Kristen and I think we hear Jason's voice wafting from the backyard, so I sneak around in the dark to see. Suddenly, I become aware that Jason isn't at this house, and there could be some evil "The Ring" girl climbing out of the ground to get me back there in the dark. I call the Perlman's again:
"Um, Jason?"
"Hey Drew!"
"Hey, are you still having your party after the dance?"
"Um, Yeah!"
"Well, we're still at your house and... it really doesn't look like anyone's home."
"Hold on... OK, I'm outside on the porch, jumping and waving my arms. Can you see me?"
"Um, no, but I think I'm about to be mugged by a psycho dead girl in Tuxford at midnight. Could you read me your address again?"
"[Jason Perlman's address: not for Internet publication]"
"Yeah, definitely not at the right house. (Yeah, definitely ten miles away from the right place.)"
But we finally got to the Dirty Jew's house, and it was fun, and we got to hear Daniel's gf say the funniest line of the night (in my opinion):
Jason: So yeah, these 9/10th grade girls were really hitting on me last night. I was so excited, I've never been hit on. Actually, they were probably making fun of me.
Allison: They were probably betting on whether or not you really are Tony Danza's son.
Hmm, that's not as funny in type.
The best part of the evenin, hands down
The Elephant Man "mural," that is. All in all, I think it looks OK... the design is cool, but it's not like it's mine. At least I can claim the color scheme for my own, but even the painting looks a little shoddy. Quality is again sacrificed for the rush job, I'm afraid. The play's going to be awesome, though, go see it.
Homecoming was really fun. It was so much less stress than other years, too. It's probably because I went with Kristen; I'd have to say she's the best date I've ever had. She's going to be embarrassed by this, but yowza did she look good.
The Melting Pot was great, I recommend it to everyone. Fondue is so much fun, and everything tastes better when you make it yourself.
"Fodue's so great they should call it FUN-due."
"Yeah, but then you could say, 'How 'bout fun-DON'T?"
Chase ate like the dirty famished Roman that he is, of course. It was also a night of coincidences: I'd had our waiter, Jason, before; I remember him because he went to Roswell and didn't go to college but he's working on his music. Then our Jewish bus boy happened to go to Chase's synagogue. Then Daniel's girlfriend reasoned that the real Maryland sniper is Miss Cleo.
The dance was poor, as usual, and it was a good thing we only stayed for a half an hour. I didn't really see many people I knew there, actually. Except for band kids. Band kids are everywhere I go.
The best part of the evening, hands down, was getting lost on the way to Jason's house. Actually, we went to the right house in Tuxford, it just so happened that Jason stopped living there a year ago. Here's the semi-accurate cell phone conversation between me and Jason:
"Um, Jason?"
"Hey Drew!"
"Hey, are you still having your party after the dance?"
"Um, Yeah!"
"Well, we just drove past your house and it looked... deserted."
"Oh, my mom must've turned off the lights! Just come on up and ring the doorbell!"
"OK, see you in a minute."
We come back, and there really isn't a single light on in the house, absolutely zero cars out front. Kristen and I think we hear Jason's voice wafting from the backyard, so I sneak around in the dark to see. Suddenly, I become aware that Jason isn't at this house, and there could be some evil "The Ring" girl climbing out of the ground to get me back there in the dark. I call the Perlman's again:
"Um, Jason?"
"Hey Drew!"
"Hey, are you still having your party after the dance?"
"Um, Yeah!"
"Well, we're still at your house and... it really doesn't look like anyone's home."
"Hold on... OK, I'm outside on the porch, jumping and waving my arms. Can you see me?"
"Um, no, but I think I'm about to be mugged by a psycho dead girl in Tuxford at midnight. Could you read me your address again?"
"[Jason Perlman's address: not for Internet publication]"
"Yeah, definitely not at the right house. (Yeah, definitely ten miles away from the right place.)"
But we finally got to the Dirty Jew's house, and it was fun, and we got to hear Daniel's gf say the funniest line of the night (in my opinion):
Jason: So yeah, these 9/10th grade girls were really hitting on me last night. I was so excited, I've never been hit on. Actually, they were probably making fun of me.
Allison: They were probably betting on whether or not you really are Tony Danza's son.
Hmm, that's not as funny in type.
The best part of the evenin, hands down

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home