I'm in Ms. Burrell's office today. She's got a bunch of photos of Bethany and Amy in APES on her wall. Thought you guys might want to know that your teacher's stalking you.
I went to see a play at Chattahoochee last night, called "You Can't Take it With You," because Ryan McGill and Michelle Brown are in it. The whole thing is about this wacky New York family in the Depression, and one of the daughters wants to marry the son of a wealthy upper crust Wall Street businessman. The businessman, played by Ryan, and his wife, played by Michelle, come to dinner to meet the family and a very "Birdcage"-like night ensues. The play was OK... tha acting was kind of mediocre, it was either blah or really good. Ryan was funny as Mr. Kirby, but Michelle kept laughing and smiling when she wasn't supposed to. Oh, and this kid Ed was in it too, who went to Taylor Road and came on the 8th grade Washington D.C. trip with us. We called him "Anal" because he wouldn't switch seats with Thomas and I so we could sit behind Kristen and Aniele. He's actually a really funny kid though.
**SELF-SERVING, CONCEITED BLOG**
So, I got "Next Picasso" senior superlative. I'm pretty happy about that.
Ever since I entered elementary school, I knew that I was different. I knew that I could draw really well. The problem was, drawing wasn't really a talent that was as recognizable as being athletic or playing a musical instrument. It was like a hidden talent in a way, and I thought nobody could appreciate it, so I kept it as my secret, until.... until something happened. Until I was discovered and made prince of Art Land, who knows.
I think that's why I loved all those books like Harry Potter... the ones where ordinary kids have supernatural things happen to them. And like Harry Potter, the kids in these stories would just think they were ordinary until some magical messenger came to tell them that they had secret magical powers. I especially liked werewolf stories. I think because lycanthropy is like my drawing abilities... it's something that other people couldn't see in me during the daytime.
Maybe I expected that at some point, my talents would finally be recognized, and I'd gain access to a special school like Hogwart's. Maybe that was GHP... maybe that's why I was so disappointed in not getting it. Because all those years were supposed to culminate in that.
But I like this superlative just the same. It's my recognition, finally. I'm happy.
I went to see a play at Chattahoochee last night, called "You Can't Take it With You," because Ryan McGill and Michelle Brown are in it. The whole thing is about this wacky New York family in the Depression, and one of the daughters wants to marry the son of a wealthy upper crust Wall Street businessman. The businessman, played by Ryan, and his wife, played by Michelle, come to dinner to meet the family and a very "Birdcage"-like night ensues. The play was OK... tha acting was kind of mediocre, it was either blah or really good. Ryan was funny as Mr. Kirby, but Michelle kept laughing and smiling when she wasn't supposed to. Oh, and this kid Ed was in it too, who went to Taylor Road and came on the 8th grade Washington D.C. trip with us. We called him "Anal" because he wouldn't switch seats with Thomas and I so we could sit behind Kristen and Aniele. He's actually a really funny kid though.
**SELF-SERVING, CONCEITED BLOG**
So, I got "Next Picasso" senior superlative. I'm pretty happy about that.
Ever since I entered elementary school, I knew that I was different. I knew that I could draw really well. The problem was, drawing wasn't really a talent that was as recognizable as being athletic or playing a musical instrument. It was like a hidden talent in a way, and I thought nobody could appreciate it, so I kept it as my secret, until.... until something happened. Until I was discovered and made prince of Art Land, who knows.
I think that's why I loved all those books like Harry Potter... the ones where ordinary kids have supernatural things happen to them. And like Harry Potter, the kids in these stories would just think they were ordinary until some magical messenger came to tell them that they had secret magical powers. I especially liked werewolf stories. I think because lycanthropy is like my drawing abilities... it's something that other people couldn't see in me during the daytime.
Maybe I expected that at some point, my talents would finally be recognized, and I'd gain access to a special school like Hogwart's. Maybe that was GHP... maybe that's why I was so disappointed in not getting it. Because all those years were supposed to culminate in that.
But I like this superlative just the same. It's my recognition, finally. I'm happy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home