"Don't worry, you'll meet them all again on their long journey to the middle."
I liked something in Nick's blog a couple days back about how he portrayed all of us as famous people.
Do you think that everyone imagines that their circle of friends will all be famous one day? Or is it just more fun to dream that than imagining all your friends ending up in mediocre, low-paying jobs? I mean, it's not like Stephen King, Brad Pitt, and Alan Greenspan were all best buddies in high school; there aren't any celebrities in America that grew up with each other.
Sometimes, though, I really think that there are a bunch of people I know who will become famous somehow or another, in their respective fields. Jason will be a former Broadway star working as a character actor in various quirky roles for Michael Mann films... Daniel will be an underappreciated screenwriter writing for Will&Grace... Thomas will be a wasted rock star ("Hey man, it used to be about the music")... John will be the computer animator talking about computer rendering time in a Pixar "Making Of" short... Ford (remember Ford?) will most likely go on a corporate killing spree at Merrill Lynch at 45... Ashleigh, apparently, will succumb to indeitment for corporate scandal... Laura will be asked to present her new collection of poems on OPRAH but refuse to preserve her artistic integrity... Bethany will write an anonymous book blasting the latest Republican administration but forget to not put her picture on the back flap.... who knows, I'll be an English teacher writing cheap paperbacks under a pseudonym.... and Kelly will be my stalker, dressed as the Titanium Ranger. And it'll be so cool, because we'll do interviews and stuff together about our childhood, and people will film documentaries at Milton, and they'll call it the high school that birthed the stars.
Dreams, man.
I liked something in Nick's blog a couple days back about how he portrayed all of us as famous people.
Do you think that everyone imagines that their circle of friends will all be famous one day? Or is it just more fun to dream that than imagining all your friends ending up in mediocre, low-paying jobs? I mean, it's not like Stephen King, Brad Pitt, and Alan Greenspan were all best buddies in high school; there aren't any celebrities in America that grew up with each other.
Sometimes, though, I really think that there are a bunch of people I know who will become famous somehow or another, in their respective fields. Jason will be a former Broadway star working as a character actor in various quirky roles for Michael Mann films... Daniel will be an underappreciated screenwriter writing for Will&Grace... Thomas will be a wasted rock star ("Hey man, it used to be about the music")... John will be the computer animator talking about computer rendering time in a Pixar "Making Of" short... Ford (remember Ford?) will most likely go on a corporate killing spree at Merrill Lynch at 45... Ashleigh, apparently, will succumb to indeitment for corporate scandal... Laura will be asked to present her new collection of poems on OPRAH but refuse to preserve her artistic integrity... Bethany will write an anonymous book blasting the latest Republican administration but forget to not put her picture on the back flap.... who knows, I'll be an English teacher writing cheap paperbacks under a pseudonym.... and Kelly will be my stalker, dressed as the Titanium Ranger. And it'll be so cool, because we'll do interviews and stuff together about our childhood, and people will film documentaries at Milton, and they'll call it the high school that birthed the stars.
Dreams, man.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home