Sunday, September 08, 2002

"I mean, nobody can define rock n' roll. Okay, maybe Pete Townsend can..."

How true.

I feel a blog about religion bubbling up, but I'm in too good of a mood to write it. I've just been reading all these damn phiolosophy books, and it's got me to thinking a lot. And generally that puts me in a bad mood. I wish I didn't know so much, I wish I didn't see so much. The more I see, the less I understand. I wish I was back at the stage where church meant something.

I once thought that I'd take philosophy in college, but I'm beginning to doubt that now. Essentially, you can study philosophy for your whole life and never gain any better understanding of the universe. Or maybe you will, but you'll never achieve happiness. Nope, if you're looking for happiness, intellect isn't the answer, I think. And you can't achieve it through adopting another's philosophy... you have to find it and develop it on your own. Like Siddhartha.

I was at church this morning, and I felt physical pain because I knew that I couldn't really relate to these religious services, or these people who go to church anymore. It was like I knew something that all of them didn't. And I wanted nothing more than to be just like everybody else again.

Haha, the weird thing was is that I felt better when I ate lunch there, because we were having a building dedication ceremony. I think moods are just chemical reactions in the brain, seriously. And then this afternoon, I got a bunch done at B&N, and had a Jalapeno pretzel with cheese dip and lemonade at Auntie Annie's in the mall... mmmm.... Auntie Annie's.... the existentialism killer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home