Tuesday, September 03, 2002

Did you miss me?

Well, I'm back. Actually, I never left. It was just that my uncle and his family are staying at our house over the long weekend, and the computer is located in the room where they're staying so it's a little difficult to get on.

What a weekend! It's been alternately great and bad. Friday was the football game... I came really early for the tailgate party, but there were a bunch of people there I didn't know except for Aniele... so I gave Aniele some excuse about having to go home and pick up paper plates. I came back later, though, and all my friends were there, and it was a good time. I told Stephen, "Can you feel the senior magic in the air?" And Aniele proposed a t-shirt saying "Class of 2003... bringing you Senior Magic!" which we all poo-pooed.
I left early from the game to hang out at Seattle's Best Coffee with Kristen. I love that place, I think I'd go there even if she didn't work there. It's so nice and quiet, and they play Wilco and Badly Drawn Boy over the speakers.

Saturday... what did I do Saturday? I think I wasted a lot of the day, watching Breakfast Club (trying to figure out who I'll audition for) and running errands for my mom in Marietta. My uncle's family came in during the day; that was unexpected, I thought they were coming Sunday. Then that night I was able to get out of the house and go see "Possession" with Kristen, which is like a goofy romance for history teachers. That's the best way I can describe it. Afterwards we came back to my house; my relatives were watching Austin Powers, so we stopped playing pool and watched bits of 'Rocky Horror' and 'I Want to Hold Your Hand.'

Sunday my family went to the lakehouse. I hate going there, and maybe one day I'll elaborate on why. This time, my dad couldn't find the key to the boat, and we spent most of the time looking for it. My little cousins kept asking "Uncle Rod, have you found the key yet?" I felt bad for my dad, because he wanted to do the "Dad" thing and show everyone a good time on the lake. Luckily, we weren't staying the night, which was a pleasant surprise because I had brought a whole overnight bag and everything. "Weren't we ever spending the night?" I kept asking my mom, genuinely puzzled. Back home wasn't so great, though. My parents put in 'Bandits' which I don't really like but my mom thinks it's hilarious, and the cousins were sleeping in the computer room, and I was too tired to do homework.

Monday was the best day... I went out with Kristen to run some errands in her *Saab* convertible which I love riding in. John Quincy Adams could sit in that car with a pointsettia pot on his head and still look cool. Then we went back and watched Almost Famous, you all know how great it is. "I hurt the flower."

In short, everything with Kristen this weekend was good, everything without was bad.

And no, I'm not going to elaborate on Friday's post, so you're all going to have to keep speculating. Even if I feel like telling everybody in the world about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home