Sunday, Boring Sunday
Here we go again. I hate Sundays. And now that hatred has spilled over into Saturdays, too. In general, I really don't like the weekends anymore. There's always something good happening on Friday night, and I like Saturday mornings if I get up really early, but after that the weekend goes down the tube.
Is it boredom? Maybe. I generally work on homework most of the day on Saturday and Sunday, but there's still a lot of free time in between. It's like I've been so institutionalized by school that I can't handle long bouts of unstructured time. But then, whenever I have some event on Saturday, like a cross country meet or a service project, I get all bummed out because it's interfering with the day.
But what I hate most about weekend afternoons is the sun: the stupid hot sun, shining bright and stupid all day. The heat makes me lethargic, like Meursault, but the brightness makes me think I'm wasting the day by being inside. Why doesn't it ever rain on weekends? Rainy weekends are so much better.
Here we go again. I hate Sundays. And now that hatred has spilled over into Saturdays, too. In general, I really don't like the weekends anymore. There's always something good happening on Friday night, and I like Saturday mornings if I get up really early, but after that the weekend goes down the tube.
Is it boredom? Maybe. I generally work on homework most of the day on Saturday and Sunday, but there's still a lot of free time in between. It's like I've been so institutionalized by school that I can't handle long bouts of unstructured time. But then, whenever I have some event on Saturday, like a cross country meet or a service project, I get all bummed out because it's interfering with the day.
But what I hate most about weekend afternoons is the sun: the stupid hot sun, shining bright and stupid all day. The heat makes me lethargic, like Meursault, but the brightness makes me think I'm wasting the day by being inside. Why doesn't it ever rain on weekends? Rainy weekends are so much better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home