I want to be like this guy.
The good news is, Mr. Wade liked my college essay and thought it was "brilliant." The bad news is, he read it out loud to the class. I wasn't too worried at first, because he kept it anonymous, but then people started coming up to me and saying "Wow, Drew, great essay!" My sister, the sophomore, even asked about it on the way home (she has p.e. with Alison Musto). Apparently more people know that I did band for freshmen and sophomore year than i thought.
Oh yeah, did I mention that? The whole essay is about marching band, and it goes into excessively dorky detail about "rolling my feet" and singing on the band camp bus. During class, I think all you could see of me were my eyebrows up, I was slumped so low in my chair.
An aside: line of conversation at lunch:
Jenny: "You scared the bejeezus out of me!"
David: "You had a bejeezus in you?"
I got an 88 on the bio quiz, which is pretty good considering a lot of people did pretty poorly. I have a really high A in that class and Calc so far, which is such a radical shift from the mid-to-low B's I usually get in those subjects. Alternatively, I just got an 80 on an Economics quiz. What the hell? This was obviously constructed by the same God who had my band essay read aloud in 3 classes.
The good news is, Mr. Wade liked my college essay and thought it was "brilliant." The bad news is, he read it out loud to the class. I wasn't too worried at first, because he kept it anonymous, but then people started coming up to me and saying "Wow, Drew, great essay!" My sister, the sophomore, even asked about it on the way home (she has p.e. with Alison Musto). Apparently more people know that I did band for freshmen and sophomore year than i thought.
Oh yeah, did I mention that? The whole essay is about marching band, and it goes into excessively dorky detail about "rolling my feet" and singing on the band camp bus. During class, I think all you could see of me were my eyebrows up, I was slumped so low in my chair.
An aside: line of conversation at lunch:
Jenny: "You scared the bejeezus out of me!"
David: "You had a bejeezus in you?"
I got an 88 on the bio quiz, which is pretty good considering a lot of people did pretty poorly. I have a really high A in that class and Calc so far, which is such a radical shift from the mid-to-low B's I usually get in those subjects. Alternatively, I just got an 80 on an Economics quiz. What the hell? This was obviously constructed by the same God who had my band essay read aloud in 3 classes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home